The market speaks loudly! $63,000 + fees for this Callaway Corvette:

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: The market speaks loudly! $63,000 + fees for this Callaway Corvette:

Post by *89x2* »

SurfnSun,

Looks like the car brought $50,000 in a 2nd auction, as the "buyer" never followed through with the sale on the initial "win".

But still, at $50k, that's a lot more than what I thought this car, as a non-AeroBody car with lots of wear might have previously sold for. I mean, that's AeroBody 6 speed money!

...So was it the provenance of the GM Ownership?
...A set of great images?
...John Heinricy and Reeves Callaway commenting on the auction?
...Or was it all the above, helping the price skyrocket?

The buyer seems to know what they got, and maybe these cars are primed to jump (skyrocket) in value :wtf
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

I think all of the above, however, I think the buyer could have had the car for 40k if that had been the opening bid. I could be wrong but the bar was definitely set high!!
Never_Lift
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by Never_Lift »

That was big money for that 1988 Callaway and I do wonder what the buyer thought after receiving the car. It looks nice in the picture s
But not if you look really close. Auction s can be funny like that, more so when phone or online.
What’s the rest of this story, does anybody know?